From:
Renee Cronenwalt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 01:58:20 EST

Today I had lunch in a VERY interesting place and I can enthusiastically
suggest it to anyone who lives in the general area.

The name of the restaurant is Buddha Garden although they said it will be
changed in the near future due to a name conflict with a Chinese restaurant
nearby.

The address is 7373 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles 90036.  The restaurant is very
casual and is located in the rear of a spa.  They do not use any wheat in
their food at all although one still has to ask as a soy sauce they used in a
salad dressing, had wheat in it.

The food was wonderful and vegetarian with lots of seeds and nuts used.  I
had a sandwich made from ground flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, and other
interesting ingredients, that I absolutely loved.  I couldn't describe the
filling but it was great.  The whole idea is that the food is fresh and
wholesome and basically wheat free, appropriately for a location in a lovely
spa.  The interior of the restaurant is very different and interesting as
well.  It is pretty and pleasant and I would call the prices moderate with
lunch running around $15.00 if you don't do dessert.  They had lots of GF
desserts but I passed.

This restaurant is for the adventuresome, looking for healthy food that is
different.  I would definitely go back as we can eat almost everything on the
menu and they are so nice to do business with.  They call their food, Raw
Living Food.  They are open from 10 - 5.

I have absolutely no financial interest in this restaurant but I was
impressed with it and wanted to spread the word.  The location is between
Fairfax and La Brea.  Enjoy!

Renee