From:
Barbara Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 19:17:17 -0500

Dear Listmates...here is more good news about a "mainstream" product:
(p.s., I found this item in the Dominicks (regular section) store in
Illinois)

Dear Jenn:

Thank you for your e-mail inquiry.

Idahoan Foods does not use any gluten containing products in our
processing, packaging containers or package surfaces of our products.
We have many separate  packaging lines.

Some of our retail Idahoan Potato Products that can be consumed on a
wheat, barley, oat and rye free diet are:

   'Original' Mashed Potatoes
   Complete Mashed Potatoes
   REAL Premium Mashed Potatoes
   Skillet Hash Browns
   Scalloped Potatoes (contains a trace of bleu cheese)
   Potatoes in a Cup and flavored Mashed Potatoes: Herb & Butter
It is important to note that due to our consumers requesting more
defined nutrition facts, we recently re-designed our packaging to
include this information.  In the future, the 'modified food starch'
used in all our products is always corn based unless listed as wheat
based on the ingredient statement.

Sincerely,
Sherry Fisher
Idahoan Foods