Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:31:22 -0700

Almost everyone who replied (about 30 responses) said they use bob's red mill GF products quite regularly with no problems at all:

- I eat Bob's Red Mill Hot cereal with no problems.  It's very good and a bit more nutritious than cream of rice - very good on cold mornings.  I have also used the garbanzo bean flour in bean flour blends - also no problems.

- I love their gluten-free products. Never had a problem with them.

- Use their GF pancake mix (celiac son and non-celiac daughter love it). Just made brownies from their mix and it was well received by our dinner hosts on Fri. night; they are not celiacs.

- I eat the Thick cut oats almost every morning for breakfast.  I have never had a problem.

- I have been using bobs red mill all purpose flour for a couple of years now
and haven't had any gluten reactions to it yet.

- I love them,  they have been straight with me since 1993 when I was first
diagnosed.  Always with a prompt answer.  The now they have a wonderful
website with a search page that has Gluten Free recipes!  You can always
trust the products with the no gluten symbol from them.

- Thanks for finding out about the potato flakes.  I tried them once
not too long ago and got sick, so I never bought them again.  Too bad
that the company doesn't make all of their non-gluten products on
dedicated machinery so we can use them safely.

- My experience with Bob's Red Mill was that bought huge 25# bags of
their flours and our daughter got sick on all of it. The rice flours are ground on the same stones as soy and she is highly soy allergic. We bought a Whisper Mill, and buy Lundburg Rice (they only pack rice) and grind out own flours.  Big improvement.

- I have again tried Bobs Red Mill.  I immediately got sick.  This has happened
before but because there was some publicity re a " new "  building or area
I thought it might be safe.   It is not........

- we eat the all purpose flour and the brownie mix with no problem. We had also used his gluten free TVP and was without problem until the last bag we got. My husband was violently ill from it.

- I got a cross contamination type reaction (different from anything else) when I've used Bob's "gluten free" flours in the past, after the alleged move to a clean room.  I get no reaction at all making the same recipe with Kinnikinnick flours. Or with
Ener-g or Authentic flours for that matter.

My conclusion?
Perhaps those who are VERY sensitive might not want to eat bob's red mill.

Thank you to all who replied.

Janice.