From:
Michael Neiberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Neiberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 22:05:43 -0500

This week I had a terrific experience at Muriel's, a restaurant just off
Jackson Square with a ton of ambiance.  We went there with some family
members and I expected to eat very little.  I asked the server if she could
accommodate a gluten free diet.  She brought out  a freshly printed list
with the chef's recommendations for gluten free eating for that night's
menu, personally signed by the chef himself.  I went light -- a salad with a
honey lavender vinaigrette, a roasted vegetable Napoleon, and crème brûlée,
but there were other options as well.  The wine list was also excellent and
the decor is very charming and very New Orleans.  The web site is:
http://www.muriels.com/html/dinner.html.  I highly recommend it.  The
address is 801 Chartres (pronounced Charters) Str.

Enjoy,

Michael