From:
Graham J Kent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 19:08:03 +0000

In recent posts to the List, I have mentioned that I use a Gluten-Free
Wheat STARCH based "flour" to make my bread with a Hinari bread machine.

I have received many messages ridiculing my comments and requests for
the recipes (& everything in between!). This is the recipe for my
normal, everyday loaf of bread which makes my Gluten-eating friends
jealous !!! I hope that those as far apart as Canada, Eire, Hong Kong,
Australia and New Zealand will all enjoy ...

BTW the original recipe (on the box) calls for a different combination
of ingredients - NO sugar ! I've been assured that it's a good bread,
but I'm waiting 'til the weekend before I try it.

Graham KENT
An English Coeliac

------------------------------------

WHITE BREAD

Ingredients
Imperial                Metric          Item

11 fl oz                350ml           Warm WATER
13 oz                   380g            WHITE FLOUR
        1/2 teaspoon                    YEAST
        1/2 teaspoon                    SUGAR
        1/2 teaspoon                    SALT
        2 teaspoons                     COOKING OIL

Method

        Add sugar to 5 fl oz (100ml) HOT water and allow to dissolve.

        Make up water to 350ml with COLD water.  Ideal temperature is between
        15:C & 35:C.

        Weigh flour in a large basin/jug. Add salt and yeast and stir well.

        ENSURE kneading blade is fitted inside Bread-case.

        Stir water & pour into Bread-case.

        Add flour mix and oil to Bread-case.

        Use RAPID setting and MEDIUM Crust.

        When finished turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool.

        When the loaf is cold, carefully free kneading blade from loaf taking
care not to damage the blade and place the blade into water to soak (to
aid cleaning!).

Notes

1. After the first mixing cycle, clear the inside walls of the
Bread-case of unmixed flour using a plastic spatula.

2. It is recommended that a good quality pure corn (maize) oil is used
for this bread.

3. It is best to use a sharp knife to cut the bread away from the
kneading blade, but be sure to insert the knife parallel with the blade
and not toward it.

4. This recipe is regularly tested with Juvela Gluten-Free "Mix".