From:
"Thorn, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thorn, Michael
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2008 13:38:20 -0400

Lot of opinions!

--- "I understand your frustration with Whole Foods.  I don't know where
you live but I live in NW Ohio and one of our major local supermarkets,
Meijer's, changed their layout and now have their gluten free foods
scattered throughout their store.  Like Whole Foods, I have to walk the
aisles searching for the one or two gf items they carry in each
catagory.

When I wrote to customer service asking why they made the changes they
said it was more efficient.  When I told them that I've gotten very
frustrated trying to locate gluten free items that I've often left the
store without buying anything, forcing me to shop elsewhere, They then
told me, (believe it or not) to then shop elsewhere!   I now shop at
Kroger Markets, where they have a wonderful healthy living section
loaded with gluten free items.

 If it helps, I'll write to Whole Foods.  Though it's an hour drive
north to Ann Arbor, MI, I do visit there every couple of months and
understand how annoying it is to shop there.  Good luck!"

--

"I actually dont mind shopping around, I am just grateful that they have
so many options for us Celiacs.  Plus, if they do that for gluten, they

--

"This is a very shortsighted look at Whole Foods, which I don't have but
would love.  When I shop at my regular market, I have to go to the