From:
Joseph Schutz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Schutz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 07:37:30 -0800

Hi,

Could any of you make any sense of these test results?

I saw the gastroenterologist this week and he seemed nice enough.
He was not the doctor who ordered the lab work for me and so while
I was there he saw them for the first time.  He looked at them and said
"hmmmm....hmmmm....hmmmm".  I asked what that meant and he said he had
never seen results like this.  Well anyway here are my numbers.
The tissue transglutaminase antibody, IGA number was 15-therefore
indicating a negative result, I also had another test, the antigliadin
antibody panel.  Here are the numbers for this.  Gliadin AB IgA was 74
and the GliadinAB IgG was 120.  Over 30 for either of these was
positive.
The doctor said he had seen positive/negative combination only in the
opposite.  He said he would only have ordered the tTg test so its good
a different doctor ordered the lab work.

Has anyone else has similar test results?

Joe