From:
Jeryl Cordell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 13:20:01 -0700

Many asked me about forwarding the article from last Friday (May 11's)
Weekend insert entitled Let Them Eat (Gluten-Free) Cake in which the
Journal used us as the poster children for every type of finicky, picky
eater who makes restaurateurs' and dinner party hostesses' lives miserable.
We seem to ruin it for everybody else.  We were classed in with those
who refuse to eat pasta if they think it is from Italy because Italy is
somewhere down-wind of Chernobyl.  And also with those who claim to be
lactose intolerant (because that's the "in" malady these days) and them
gobble down all the dessert ice cream.  Seriously.

Anyway, I have no way to forward it electronically.  It will be in any
library.

To reach them electronically and send a letter to the editor, use one of
the following:

E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Fax:  212-416-2255

Phone:  1-800-JOURNAL
        1-800-568-7625

Let's swamp them with letters.  They really unloaded on us for no good
reason.

Jeryl Cordell