From:
"Thorn, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thorn, Michael
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:49:44 -0400

Thanks to everyone!

-------

We shop here when I visit:

http://www.naturesgrocervernon.com/

I hope you will have a car....there is an Applebee's just down the road on 195 - a Wendy's on Rte 6.....The Inn at Woodstock Hill - about 1/2 drive.....and then Manchester CT is @1/2 hour the other way with all kinds of options. Still River Café in Eastford  - only open weekends - pricy they use local and fresh produce, herbs etc...a 4 or 5 star restaurant - maybe 1/2 hour away....another pricey option - The Golden Lamb Buttery in Pomfret -  40 min from campus.....

 Storrs is not the dining capitol of the world.

Let me know if you will have a car and how far you want to go.... and if you want fast food or not..there is also a McDonalds and some ok to bad Chinese food places....

Here are a few that are in the area:  Burton's at Evergreen Walk (S.

Windsor/Manchester area) has a lengthy gluten-free menu.  In nearby Buckland Hills  is an Outback and a Carrabba's.  Nature's Grocer in Vernon has homemade gluten-free bread and cookies, muffins and scones as well as a full natural food store. There is also a new bakery/store in Storrs but I don't recall the name off the top of my head.

There's also Bugaboo Creek Steak House; PF Chang; Elizabeth's; Grants.

It's a little bit of a drive to all of these, but everything is around here.

There is also a Big Y supermarket - near one of the bad Chinese food restaurants on Rt 195 towards Willimantic - I think it is actually in Mansfield...- they have a GF aisle of food......and of course yogurt etc that you can purchase in any super market....just come out of the main campus to Rte 195 and head towards Willimantic....