From:
". biddle" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
. biddle
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:16:07 -0400

I'd noticed that Ethnic Gourmet had stopped listing "allergens" under the
ingredients panel on the back of packages.  I tried to check their web site
and it is under construction.

When I called them today, the woman that I spoke with said, "If the package
is one of the old packages states that it is gluten-free, then it is safe.
If it is one of the new packages that says nothing about gluten, then it may
contain gluten."

I asked her if they are no longer going to have gluten-free products and she
said, "Yes, that's right."  I'm hoping that she was mixed up, but it's
unlikely.

I let her know that I was saddened to hear that they we're moving in the
opposite direction of other manufactures who have become more Celiac aware.
Perhaps any of you who've enjoyed the convenience of their frozen dinners
will let them know how you feel.

Ethnic Gourmet Consumer Affairs:1-888-474-3175
Also, note that at the bottom of their under construction website, it says
that they are an H.J. Heinz
company. (Is that new?) http://www.ethnicgourmet.com

Take care everyone,
Chris, Wayland, MA