From:
AMY ROBERTS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AMY ROBERTS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:35:11 -0800

To the Listserve (Please see original question at the bottom) and to Land O
Lakes:

Thanks for your reply.  I guess I won't be buying any of your products until you
figure out if you can label your products like the other manufacturers out
there do.  Any product with more than 20ppm of gluten is not safe for folks with
celiac disease, like my two sons have.  Cross contamination is also a
great concern for Gluten Free shoppers.  I personally don't care if the USDA has
it's act together yet or not, I just know that if one of my children consumes
gluten,  that they get very ill.  The 8 major allergens includes wheat, but it
is not inclusive of all gluten sources, so the labeling that you currenly
provide is not helpful to celiacs.

Your response was also no help at all, except that I now know that you are not a
manufacturer that can be trusted by celiacs.  I will be forwarding your response
to the Celiac Listserve, which will get this information out to celiacs
worldwide.  I am well aware of the major celiac organizations.  For
manufacturers to include that information in their responses is very irritating
and insulting, when all we want to know is if your products and their
ingredients are safe for our families or not, and if there is any risk of cross
contamination in your facility.   Obviously, in your case, you are not willing
to provide that information.

Statistically, only 3% of celiacs have been diagnosed, so more potential
customers will be seeking this information.  You may want to consider changing
your current stance on this issue.

Thank you,

Amy Roberts