From:
"Wendy E. Betts" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 1994 15:50:12 PST

I think Nancy makes some excellent points. I have found that
explaining myself as disabled or chronically ill can be very
useful. My husband and I were on vacation once and had been
promised a "microfridge," which was not forthcoming when we
arrived at the hotel--so he made a big stink about the possible
consequences of my eating food other than what we'd brought to
cook. It worked!

In truth, I do consider myself chronically ill. I've never regained
the health or strength I had before the onset of the illness, I
have many "sick days" and am constantly battling various types of
anemias. I get the feeling from talking to others that the perfect
return to health the diet is supposed to bring is less common or
certain than it appears. Unfortunately, like so many others, I have
yet to find adequate medical care to really address the problems.

Wendy Betts, [log in to unmask]