From:
Sandy Boek Werness <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandy Boek Werness <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:01:12 -0500

I just had another experience at Whole Foods, which reminds me of a previous
one there which resulted in my daughter getting sick for days.  It is
obvious that the employees are totally clueless about the ingredients of the
food.  Yesterday my daughter was interested in the desert that is a
miniature chocolate coffee cup filled with chocolate mousse.  The
ingredients listed on the displayed card included gelatin.  I asked the lady
behind the counter several times what the source of the gelatin is (I did
not expect her to know but I thought I would try anyway).  She kept telling
me - "no gelatin - this mousse", and "no gelatin".
     It reminds me of when I spoke with 3 employees before allowing my
daughter to eat the potato latkes, who swore they contained no wheat, and
even a manager told me so the next day.  Of course, they were made with
matzo, which was not listed on the ingredients.
    Best wishes,
    Sandy NoVa

*******
*******