From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 09:40:01 -0700

Thank you so much for everybody's responses to my concerns.  I wish I could
have written personally to each of you, but so many people shared their
wisdom that I didn't have the time for individual letters.

It appears from the number of responses that I received that my problem is
shared by many.

I will do my best to summarize the highlights:

Several people suggested a food rotation diet;
Others suggested having food allergy testing through blood tests, the
following lab was recommended (Lisa Durrow at Better Health U.S.A.  Their
phone number is:  1-800-684-2231, ext: 6251.  They have a website that lists
all of the symptoms that can be attributed to food allergies-
www.betterhealthusa.com.);
Read Going Against the Grain by Melissa Diane Smith;
Stay away from processed foods;
Get treatment for and do research on leaky gut (a naturopath or holistic MD
can help with treatment);
Avoiding starchy foods may help (see http://www.mannon.org/celiac.htm);
Try reading the book "Eat Right For Your (blood) Type by Dr. Peter D'Adamo;
Drink plenty of water and cut back on salt and fat;
Eat foods on top of grated veggies which creates plenty of liquid for
digestion;
Check out a book called " I was poisoned by my body" by Dr. Gloria
Gilbere;
Read Breaking the Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gottshall;
It would also be very helpful to ask an MD to treat you with oral
cromolyn sodium which will stabalize your gut against allergy reactions;
Candida may be a problem see:  http://www.healthexcel.com/docs/_cand1.html;
More reading suggestions:You might find some help in the book Baby Matters
by Linda Folden Palmer.  It is a baby-care book, but a very large portion of
it deals with allergies, and she has all sorts of good stuff about
elimination diets (for breastfeeding moms of allergic babies, but quite
appropriate for adults to help clear up symptoms) and rotation diets.
Is this Your Child by Doris Rapp also covers rotation diets;
Are you aware of Dr. Fasano's research about zonulin and zot?  It sounds to
me like we are stuck with the zonulin protein even though we are gf. See the
following web sites:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/01/000104065455.htm

http://www.umm.edu/news/releases/zonulin.html

http://www.healthcentral.com/news/newsfulltext.cfm?id=24701&StoryType=Reuter
sNews
For a website to help you find your food allergies, please see:
http://www.foodallergy.org/allergens.html;
Eat several small meals of small amounts of different foods throughout the
day;

Thank you again,

Sue