From:
Jutta Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 22:43:45 -0800

Hello All again,

I got too many questions about vaso-active amines to respond to all.  I
am copying from a posting from Pamela Anderegg from 2/15/99.  By the
way, I saw my doctor today and asked him about vaso-active amines.  He
doesn't know either, but will read up on it.  Vaso=3D vessel (blood
vessel) active=3D can be dilating or constricting, amines=3Dorganic
compound containing an amino group (?x#!?)

Here is the list:beer, wine, brandy, shellfish, apples, avocados,
tomatoes, plums and bananas, mushrooms, raspberries, oranges,
tangerines, pineapples, raisins, grapes, figs, dates, prunes, lemons and
the juices of any of these.
Sugar, dextrose and honey.  Sauerkraut, walnuts, pecans, coffee ,tea,
vanilla, extracts (artificial or natural) cola, soft drinks, yogurt,
sour cream, yeast extracts, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce.  Cheddar,
Blue cheese and Stilton, Pork, sausage, bacon, ham, luncheon meats, hot
dogs, anchovies, pickled or dried fish, chicken livers, kippers and any
processed meats.

Stuff I hardly eat anyway... except for apples, tomatoes, raspberries
and.. and..and...who needs pickled fish anyway...or chicken livers with
anchovies... ?

Jutta