From:
Connie Hilton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Hilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2006 14:49:18 -0700

Hi all,

I follow this serv closely and it has been a terrific resource for me. Over
time the subject of veratrum album has come up numerous times and always
generates a very passionate response both pro and con. In this country
homeopathy is not well understood or respected. In many European countries
it is as well accepted as what we consider traditional medicine. In addition
to celiac I have been diagnosed with sarcoidosis. When the best lung
hospital in this country told me the only approach they were using(high
doses of prednisone)had not improved my condition at all and I should
consider alternative approaches to find some relief, I decided to give it a
go. I had never considered any type of medicine other than well-trained
western doctors as an option.

The accupuncturist I found happened to be Austrian, and although she had
become a huge proponent of eastern(oriental) medicine, she explained how in
many countries in Europe my disease would have been treated by a doctor
trained in both western medicine and homeopathy.

As her treatment actually did improve my function(much to the surprise of my
pulmonologist) when I first heard about veratrum I decided to try it. I use
it only as directed on the label (3 or 4 tablets under the tongue
immediately after I notice the symptoms, and then again an hour later if I
have need). I have never taken it more than 4 times in a 24 hour period, nor
have I taken for more than one day at a time. It gives my daughter and I
both tremendous relief, but we treat as any other presciption medication or
over the counter medication and take it only as directed. We are both
tremendously sensitive to any gluten and watch for gluten everywhere, so we
probably only use it 3 or 4 times a year.

I think we all need to treat our health as we think best as individuals, and
use a great deal of caution and common sense. Unfortunately, because celiac
is so hugely under diagnosed in the U.S., we often have primary care
physicians who know less about our disease than those of us who have seen it
across generations in our families do. We reach out to each other on this
serv and other places for help and support.

Thanks for all the great info and leads you have provided me and my daughter
over the years.

Just my 2 cents...
Connie