From:
Debbie Bollinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debbie Bollinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 2009 22:00:53 -0400

Thank you for the responses.  I called Coca-Cola and they said that they couldn't say that Seagram's ginger ale is positively gluten free, but that it meets the codex standard at 20ppm or less.  It took the rep at least 5 minutes to find out this information.  He then said that codex standards are changing, so this info may be changed or updated.  He then told me to check the website to see which of Coca Cola's products are definitely GF. Since I had checked the website previously and couldn't find any gluten information,  I kept him on the phone while he told me where to look.  Unfortunately, he couldn't locate the area of the website, so he told me that someone would get back to me in 5-7 business days.   Bottom line is this...it should've been much easier for both me and the rep to find out the information.  Since it was such a "wild goose chase", I don't feel comfortable with the product.  On a happier note, I contacted Dr. Pepper and they forwarded me this response...

Thank you for contacting us about Dr Pepper.  Your comments and inquiries are appreciated because they provide valuable feedback about our brands.

All Dr Pepper Snapple products are gluten-free with the exception of:

Bloody Mary Mix, Premium Blend and Clamato Red-Eye.

When I checked their website there were SEVERAL beverages that I didn't even know they produced.  With all of them GF, it gives me lots of soft drink options  (including ginger ale - Canada Dry and Schweppes are theirs)

Here are the members' responses that I received:

~Seagrams, Canada Cry is GF. I have confirmed this in the past. My son, who is celiac and has a very sensitive stomach tolerates this Ginger ale very well.

~Schwepp's is gf and delicious

~We use Canada Dry ginger ale with is listed in my handy Gluten-Free Grocery Guide from Triumph Dining. Also listed is the Publix brand diet and regular ginger ale.