From:
Tim Kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Kretzmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 21:35:11 -0800

Well, this has certainly stirred the old pot!
Here are a few notes from others that I think may be of interest:

1) I read your note soy and the thyroid.
Certain foods have goitrogens that interfere with the absorption of iodine.
These foods are soy, peanuts, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, (and
similar vegetables), pine nuts, peaches, etc.
If the broccoli and cabbage are well cooked, then the goitrogens are
reduced....these food should not be eaten raw by people with low
thyroid......
My thyroid (I'm not celiac) normalized when I gave up these foods...or
cooked the veggies....this might be of interest to others with a low
thyroid..........      Arlene

2) I also have thyroid symptoms and my test results aren't showing anything.
I am going in a couple of weeks back to the doctor to have some tests done
on my pituitary gland. You might want to ask your doctor about that.  Good
Luck!

3) Anyone researching Wilson's Syndrome may want to check the following
website:
  http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/News/wilson.html
<http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/News/wilson.html>

4)  I have low body temp too and am on Synthroid.   My doctor is trying me
on
additional T3.  I think T3 is the protocol for Wilson's Syndrome which, I
believe, has not been accepted in the general medical practice until a study
in 1999
which said that additional T3 helped a significant number of patients
(NEMJ).
So, if you can find an endocrinologist or an internist who uses this med,
maybe you could try it (Cytomel or T3).  Some feel a difference, some don't.
will know in a couple of weeks!

Sincerely,

Mary K
California