From:
beth kassis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
beth kassis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2007 15:05:05 -0700

Hi Everyone,

  We are traveling to Jamaica (Negril)  next month with out 14 year old celiac daughter.  I am not too worried about food as we will have our own cook and I plan on bringing plenty of dry goods and mixes.  However, I'm wondering if any of you have been to Jamaica and have eaten out in restaurants and found foods that you could eat.
  Does anyone know if Jerk chicken is normally GF?   From what I understand, it's one of the food items you find everywhere.
  I make jerk rub at home and my recipe does not have flour, but I wasn't sure about the authentic jerk chicken.

  Also, if any of you have stayed on 7 mile beach and have any restaurant suggestions for GF food, I would greatly appreciate any ideas you might have.

  I will summarize our experience after we return in case anyone else plans on traveling to Jamaica in the near future.

  Thanks,

  Beth