From:
Barbara Kornhauser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 09:23:17 -0400

Thank  you to all the people who responded to my question regarding my
husband who has celiac and now diabetes.

Several people wrote just to say they also needed information.

There were several book suggestions.  They were:   1) "Special Diet
Solutions" by Carol Fenster (publisher is Savory Palate Inc., 8174 South
Holly, Suite 404, Littleton, Co, 80122-4004); 2)"Eat Right For Your Type",
by Peter D'Adamo; 3) "Neanderthin", by Ray Audette (the site for this book
is www.sofdesign.com/neander); "Protein Power" by Drs. Eades; 4) "Diabetes
Solution" by Richard K. Bernstein, M.D.

One suggestion was to talk with the local diabetes association to find an
appropriate doctor.

I was contacted by the Gluten Intolerance Group regarding the
celiac/diabetes combination, and if I find out more information I will post
it to the list.  I was also told that CSA has a committee of people who are
celiac diabetics.  They are working on a report.

In the Spring 1999 edition of Sully's Living Without there is an article
regarding Diabetes and Celiac Disease.

What was certainly clear is that I am not the only one who is confused by
this combination.  Again, thank you for offering your help!

Barbara
Charlottesville, VA