From:
Lisa S Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 1994 16:14:39 EST

On Thu, 17 Nov 1994 10:49:04 -0500 Bory R. said:

>Lisa, as almost an beginner in baking, I have found that most of the breads I
>have made using Asian white rice flour just do not come out right. Yours is
>the first mention I can remember that might explain why. You indicate
>altering the recipe. Can you give me some hints?

Boris,
If you are truly a beginner at baking you should stick with the Ener-g or
Arrowhead Mills flour. At least then you can see how these breads are supposed
to come out.  Then you can experiement. The Asian versions require more liquid
because they absorb more, but you'd have to experiment with adding different
amounts and seeing how they came out.  And that doesn't seem very practical.

Once you have made various recipes, you'll know how thick, thin a batter
should be and can "eyeball" it with the other, cheaper flours.  I am a baker
of long-standing so this is easier for me to do.  Pasta *should* be easier
since you aren't dealing with something that has to rise.  Good luck. Lisa