From:
Mary Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Thorpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 19:08:56 -0400

A couple of responders said that they've ordered from Amazon.com grocery
already and the shipping times were very slow.  This is a new service for
Amazon, so one could hope that the shipping time would improve as it gets
underway. It might be significant that they are just now creating a fanfare
with the $10 off deal.  Or, as one person suggested, the free shipping may
put those orders on lowest priority.

Btw, the $10 off deal is good until the end of August.  The ad says "save
$10 today" so I thought it was just for that one day!

I had mentioned Gustav's Dutch licorice found at the Amazon site.  I have
had imported European licorice from a Danish store that was wheat free, and
thought this was of that ilk.  I had looked at the cat shaped candy and
wheat wasn't listed as an ingredient, in either the bag or the tub, though
there is a rather suspicious "modified starch."  However, the other shapes
of Gustav's licorice list wheat as an ingredient.  Therefore I'm suspicious
that wheat might have been left off the ingredient list.  At any rate, I
think I'll pass. Too bad.  For those that like licorice, Running Rabbit is
gf and it is made from an old Dutch recipe using natural licorice
flavoring.  If you google it, you'll find it available from several vendors.

Mary