From:
Carolyn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carolyn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2011 11:10:08 -0500

Thanks to all who sent dining & lodging information for Savannah, GA.  Since
by husband is not a big dinner eater we decided to find pub type dinning in
the evening where he could get lite fare and I could eat gluten free.

Our hotel, Holiday Inn Express, 199 E. Bay Street, had a hot breakfast,
which was not bad.  I could have the eggs, bacon and Yoplait yogurt.  Took
my bread and toaster bag.  It worked very well.  Also had a small
refrigerator & microwave.

Day 1:Lunch at the Olde Pink House, 23 Abercorn Street, Savannah.  They had
a fish taco which look interesting.  They made it for me without the wrap
and it was awesome.

Day 1: Dinner: B. Mathews, 325 E. Bay Street, corner of E. Bay & Habersham,
bmatthewseatery.com - couple of blocks from the hotel on E. Bay Street.  Pub
type place where the locals go, according to our hotel.  I had Grouper,
roasted potatoes and it was very good.

Day 2: Lunch: since I was dying for French Fries, we stopped at Five Guys.
They only sell burgers and fries.  They could not understand why I did not
want a roll, but the order came out perfect.  Their burgers are pretty good.

Dinner day 2: Went to Boar's Head Grill & Tavern, One North Lincoln Street
Ramp at East River Street.  www.boarsheadgrill.com ~ had a delightful Low
Country Bouillabaisse with Fish, Shrimp & Scallops.  Could not have the side
that came with it, but they made me another dish.  The bouillabaisse was
enough in itself without the vegetable.

I took my own gluten free bread to both dinner places and they heated it up
for me.  Life was good.

Other places recommended:

Bonefish Grill

Longhorn Steakhouse

Mellow Mushroom – features GF Pizza

Outback Steakhouse

Carabbas

The Chart House

Vic's of the River

Forsyth Park Inn B&B and they have a very accommodating GF Breakfast.

McMillan Inn has a lovely Carriage House (really a small apt. with full
small kitchen, fireplace, etc.) and some B&B's have small fridges and
microwaves.

Dining - (Google for websites)

Vic's on the River- has a peanut butter chocolate cup that was to die for.

Kasey's Gourmet Grill

Jazz'd (allows smoking in bar which is right by the dining room so eat early
if you go there)

Gallery Espresso - dessert only (pound cake or cheesecake) as lunch options
extremely limited

Paula's Deen's The Lady & Sons,  has a GF menu

*******
*******