From:
Kerri Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kerri Wolfe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:05:07 -0400

I've tried to condense the replies I received below.  FYI, I had also asked
about Long Lake, NY and Stone Harbor, NJ, but did not receive replies
regarding those areas.  It sounds like Saratoga Springs is going to be a
wonderful, gluten-free friendly trip - thank you all for your help and I
can't wait to try some new places!

If you are passing through Latham at all you should check this place out.
Its worth a side trip

*Sherry Lynns*, a gluten free restaurant: 836 Troy-Schenectady road (Rte.7),
Latham, NY 12110
http://www.sherrylynnsglutenfree.net/

*Saratoga** Dining:*

*KD's Fish Fry* . They have  Gluten free fried goods...onion rings, fish,
mozz. sticks and of course fish!
*Nunzios:* has AWESOME GF pizza
*Hatties* Jambalya is GF and the Catfish can be made GF, just make sure you
let the chef know (my FAVORITE place)

*Wheatfields* (a pasta place) has a GF menu. It looks good but I haven't
made it here yet. Loved it there BEFORE celiac ;)

*Mangino's* on the lake has a GF item in each section of their menu. If you
call ahead you can have pasta too. Chef actually has Celiac so the kitchen
is knowledgeable. Just be careful with the waitstaff. Some are good...some
aren't.

*Sushi Thai: *Curry and Pad Thai are GF as well as other typical "sushi"
meals

these places have Gluten free "adapted" menus' :
*Circus** Cafe
Olde Bryan Inn*
*Ravenous*
*Longfellows (chef is pretty knowledgeable)*

*Peabody'sSports Bar and The Parting Glass have GF beer

Groceries:

Right in downtown Saratoga is Four Seasons Natural Food Store. They carry a
lot of GF groceries.

Price Chopper (closer to downtown) carries a lot of GF products but I'm not
sure how to advise you where products are. They remodeled and I usually shop
at a different Price Chopper.

Hannaford: The natural food section is in the middle of the store. There is
a section of GF in that area.

Basic Foods in Glenville (20 minutes south of Saratoga, on Route 50) carries
the best selection of gluten free food in the area, in my opinion.  They
have everything from frozen breads, bagels, entrees, pizzas to cereals,
pastas, snacks, cookies, etc

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/index.php?showtopic=51813

(good information about gluten free places in Saratoga)

http://www.kdfishfry.com/

http://blog.timesunion.com/glutenfree/

(A blog on gluten free things in and around Saratoga Springs)

http://www.sherrylynnsglutenfree.net/

(A gluten free bakery/restaurant and store near Saratoga)

There is a health food store (the name escapes me, but it's also downtown,
and the downtown is a fairly small area) in the downtown Saratoga strip that
carries AMAZING bread from the Saratoga Gluten-free Baking Co, as well as
various other GF crackers, bagels, etc.  You have to try that bread!
Additionally, near the interstates you can find the typical Outback, 99, and
Uno's chain restaurants.