From:
Bobbie Proctor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 13:09:09 -0500

Hi, Susan,

That sure sounds disappointing. I was planning to order
from Gluten Free Pantry. However, I have had pretty
good luck in other recipes, using milk substitutes like rice
milk (I use Pacific Rice-Plain Flavor; I don't use Rice
Dream, which is processed with barley) or coconut milk
(unsweetened). There are also soy "milk"s and potato
"milk"s out there. Even mainstream grocery stores now
stock some of them. I bet that such substitutes would
work with GFP's mixes.

There is an Egg-Replacer made by Ener-G that I just got
and will try in a regular recipe. It can be found in many
health food stores, or ordered direct from Ener-G. Many
of the people on the list have recommended it.

So don't throw out your mixes! Although I agree that
the egg and dairy free label is pretty misleading, they
still have the potential to be just that. (I don't have any
financial interest in any brands I mentioned, just have
been able to use them happily.)

Good luck and good health!
Bobbi in Baltimore