From:
"Barfield, Betty" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barfield, Betty
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:49:57 -0500

Mr. Krispers and Crunchmaster Rice Crackers Certified GF

LOVES PARK, IL -- 06/26/08 -- The Gluten-Free Certification Organization
(GFCO) announced today that it has certified all Mr. Krispers Baked Rice
Snacks and Crunchmaster Baked Rice Crackers gluten-free. TH Foods, Inc.
has been the exclusive manufacturer of Usuyaki-style (Japanese for
thin/flat) in North America since 1994. The entire line of Mr. Krispers
and Crunchmaster products are gluten-free, making them great tasting,
snack options for the growing market of consumers following a
gluten-free diet.

GFCO standards are met through a rigorous process of third-party audits
and frequent product and ingredient testing at the manufacturing
facility. The GFCO sets strict standards that finished products may not
contain more than 10 ppm gluten, twice as strict as the proposed FDA and
Codex definitions for gluten-free.

This announcement comes at the perfect time for TH Foods as we are
preparing for the national launch of our Crunchmaster Multi-Seed Cracker
line in supermarkets nationally in August. The new line is made with a
combination of California brown rice, sesame, quinoa, amaranth and flax
seeds.

"Until recently, it's been very challenging for consumers on gluten-free
diets to find snacks that meet their dietary concerns and still deliver
great taste," remarked Jim Garsow, Director of Marketing, TH Foods, Inc.
"We are pleased that the GFCO is assisting us in providing an extra
level of assurance for consumers that are looking for delicious,
gluten-free snacks."

ABOUT GFCO

The Gluten-Free Certification Organization's (GFCO) provides an
independent service to supervise gluten-free food production according
to a consistent, defined, science-based standard that is confirmed by
field inspections, in order to achieve heightened consumer confidence
and safety. GFCO is 'Gluten-free you can easily see' through a
trademarked logo on packaging. Products labeled with the GF
certification mark allow consumers to easily identify items that have
been independently verified to meet our high standards for
gluten-free... potentially stricter than even the FDA will set as the
standard for labeling. For more information visit: www.gfco.org, or call
253-218-2956.

ABOUT TH FOODS, INC.

TH Foods, Inc. is a leading manufacturer in the natural snack food
industry. Our product offerings include all natural snack items, such as
sesame and corn sticks; Usuyaki-style baked rice crackers like
Crunchmaster(r) Baked Rice Crackers (www.crunchmaster.com); as well as
innovative baked snacks such as the Mr. Krispers(r) Baked Rice Snacks
(www.mrkrispers.com). Formerly known as Sesmark Foods, the company was
founded as a privately owned company in 1984, and in 1989 Mitsubishi
International Corporation and parent Mitsubishi Corporation, together
with Kameda Seika (the market leading producer of rice crackers in
Japan), joined as our joint venture partners. TH Foods strives to bring
innovative, authentic "Better for You" balanced nutrition, rice-based
crackers and snacks to North America.

Cynthia Kupper, RD

Administrator

Gluten Free Certification Organization