From:
Deb & Eric <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deb & Eric <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:54:35 -0500

I received MANY responses in regards to my post.  There seems to be A LOT of confusion and misinformation floating around out there:

  a.. Several respondents said that Marshmallow Pebbles will be GF in the spring.  The boxes that are on the shelves right now are not GF.  Unfortunately, Post put the new box and ingredients on the website before the actual product is available.
  b.. Some said they have checked the boxes at their stores and they clearly state WHEAT in the ingredients.
  c.. Some said the reps may be misinformed.
  d.. One poster said General Mills would not put GF on the box if it wasn't and that I probably misunderstood the rep.  (Just a side note, Post is not a General Mills Company.)
  e.. Another poster gave me a link to a blog about companies and gluten free labeling.  Here it is
  http://blog.julesglutenfree.com/?p=566
  f.. Thank you to all who responded.
BOTTOM LINE...I called Post again and found out this information from a supervisor.  She confirmed in no uncertain terms that Marshmallow Pebbles RIGHT NOW are NOT GF.  The website shows the new box and formula that will be available IN THE SPRING.  Even the boxes that say NEW on the top are NOT GF.  When the GF formula hits the stores the boxes will say NEW and GLUTEN FREE at the bottom corner.  The Cupcake Pebbles are GF, but the boxes don't state it.  They are getting new boxes, too, that will state it, but they are safe.

I hope this helps.