From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:43:32 -0600

Dear Listmates,

I sent this message to someone who posted about tiny rye bread slices and
how difficult it can be to get them out of the toaster.  She suggested that
I post this to the list.

After giving up on several different styles of toasters, (not to mention the
possible contamination issue) we switched to a toaster oven. It is wonderful
because the bread stays flat to be toasted. Any crumbs are easy to toss or
wash away, and you can watch it toast. You can set the timer for the exact
time you want.  Also you can toast odd sizes, croutons, nuts, grains, and a
lot of other things I used to burn while trying to toast under the broiler
of my oven.
We also use it to bake one potato, or heat a frozen item that is tastier
from an oven, rather than a micro-wave, or a gf frozen chicken pot pie.
Anything with a crust tastes better heated in a toaster oven. I just
finished off a leftover biscuit that I split and toasted.

We use it for all kinds of items when preparing breakfast at our gluten free
Bed and Breakfast. I wish we had a Trader Joe's in our city. I have friends
in LA that bring or mail me things. I will ask her to look for the rye
bread.

We bought and returned two other toaster ovens before we decided on this
one.  We like the kind with two racks because you can actually toast on both
racks at the same time.   It also will keep something warm until ready to
serve, and has a bake, or grill  choice.  It is a Euro-Pro Convection
Toaster Oven, Model TO289 and I got mine at Target.  There is probably a
newer model by now.  IT was about $40.00.  Try it, you'll love it!

Anne Barfield
www.chickenparadise.com
210 340-0648

San Antonio