From:
"S. Walton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 18:03:38 -0400

  Thank you to all of the wonderful people on the list who took the time to
respond to my question.  It was my first post and now that I have started to
communicate with the rest of the group, I feel like a real part of it.
Because my symptoms didn't seem to be like anyone else's, I didn't know what
category I should be in. Whether it is CD or not, the common thread is that
we all have to avoid gluten to stay healthy. Now I know that there are many
in the group who do not fit in with all of the classic case CD symptoms.

     There were 11 people to write and tell me that they had headaches,
migraines, or sinus problems that were gluten or food related.  Out of these
people, 6 said that they tested negative for the food allergy blood and/or
celiac blood test.  The majority of people who wrote did not seem to have
much confidence in the physicians (MD'S) that were helping them with their
diagnosis.

     Several people mentioned delayed reactions to foods, sometimes as long
as 48 hours before feeling symptoms from gluten or other food intolerances.

     The best advice was mentioned several times, and that is:  Don't worry
about tests, just do what you have to do to stay healthy.