From:
Cecilia McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 18:56:32 -0600

Well my trip was a great dining success thanks to all of you who wrote
with suggestions.  Here is the scoop.

 First of all I was with a group and didn't always get to pick where we
ate.  So her is what I did.  Staying at Sam's Town Breakfast was usually
there at the buffet.  I was sad to see that they no longer make omelets
while you watch but, scrambled eggs, bacon, fruit were plentiful.  For
lunch I usually just had a snack I had brought with me because we ate so
much for breakfast.  We were there three nights the first night we ate
at Sam's Town  prime rib dinner was only $6.99 It was a Wednesday
special.  We ordered the queen size and  it was huge and pretty tasty.
I also had a salad with oil and red wine vinegar and a baked potato.
Baked potatoes had been out a while but we got in late so .......
The next night we ate at the MGM Grand Buffet.  The people there are
very nice and helpful but again I went back to the prime rib because of
sauces on all the other dishes.  They did have crab legs and boiled
shrimp but that is not my cup of tea so I did not check  what they used
in the boil.  I had mashed potatoes and a more elaborate salad.  It
seems as though plain vegetables are hard to come by they all had
sauces. On our last night I wanted to go to Lindo Michoacan for Mexican
food which was recommended by a couple of you but we ran out of time
since it is back close to Sam's Town and we were on the strip between an
afternoon and an evening show.  So we went to Mandolay Bay  Where I had
a choice of ham, prime rib and I saw the chef grilling chicken to go
into another dish with sauce and asked for a plain one which they gladly
gave me.  I also found a zucchini medley in butter and mashed potatoes
with a nice salad.  There was a lot of fruit for dessert.

Here are the recommendations of others:

Lindo Michoacan - Mexican Food       House of Blues- Sushi
Billy Bob's at Sam's Town - Steak    Outback Steakhouse
The Luxor Buffet                     Bertolini's at Caesars
Border Grill                         Rosewood Grill
Wild Bill's Restaurant               Buffet at the Rio
Belliagio Buffet                     Souper Salad
McDonalds                            Denny's
Cheesecake Factory - Omelets         Landry's

You can find something at most buffets.

Cecilia, TX