From:
Lois Isenman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:00:31 EDT

Thanks to everyone for your kind help.

Lois

Restaurants
_http://www.theceliacscene.com/map297-Ontario-Toronto--CITY-OVERVIEW.html_
(http://www.theceliacscene.com/map297-Ontario-Toronto--CITY-OVERVIEW.html)
Simply  zoom in on the map to see more details about each location

_http://www.torontoceliac.org/resources/restaurants.shtml_
(http://www.torontoceliac.org/resources/restaurants.shtml)

Where  to Shop for GF foods in Toronto
_http://www.torontoceliac.org/resources/shop.shtml_
(http://www.torontoceliac.org/resources/shop.shtml)

List  of restaurants/cafes/bakeries/stores mixed together
_http://www.glutenfreeontario.ca/toronto.htm_
(http://www.glutenfreeontario.ca/toronto.htm)

Website  for the GF Status of products sold in Canada
_www.myGlutenFacts.com_ (http://www.myglutenfacts.com/)

Hope this  helps make your trip more enjoyable!

Denis

_www.theceliacscene.com_ (http://www.theceliacscene.com/)  is a listing of
individual restaurants that are gluten free in Canada.  The website is run
by a celiac, the restaurants are recommended by Celiacs and generally the
restaurants are checked out by celiac’s in the area like the local  chapter.
 There also is the Road Scene button which covers chain  restaurants in
North America, however of the 52 chains listed about 15 of them  are in Canada
and the rest are in the USA only.
I highly recommend Il Fornello  which is a chain of Italian restaurants in
Toronto – they have GF pasta and GF  pizza, and funny enough, the pizza
shells come from a bakery in Vancouver, BC  called Quejos.  They also have the
Quejos buns the last time I was there  that you could order as bruchetta
(tomato mixture on top of bread and then a  light amount of parmesan cheese and
it gets put under the broiler).  It is  a funny relationship – in Vancouver
we did not have a pizza/pasta restaurant  like it for many years (like the
27 years I have been diagnosed), yet we have  the products made at the Quejo’
s bakery and they supplied to Toronto.  I am  still amazed that a business
relationship that I set up 15 years ago when gluten  free at restaurants was
still considered out there, is still going strong.   I travelled full time
at that time of my life and happened to go to one of the  restaurants and I
submitted customer feedback online explaining that spelt pizza  that they
were offering at that time was NOT gluten free which is what they were
advertising (and it was wrong).  I also mentioned that in Vancouver, BC  where I
live there are quite a few bakeries that produce gluten free pizza  crusts and
one I really like as it is thin crust.  The next thing I knew  the owner of
the chain was in Vancouver, phoning me up and asking me where the  bakeries
were!  The rest is history.  I just love the chain and every  time I am in
Toronto I go there – it is a requirement!
Have a great  trip!
Lynda
Vancouver, BC
Hi,

The Kensington Cornerstone _http://www.kensingtoncornerstone.com/_
(http://www.kensingtoncornerstone.com/)  is completely g-f. The Specialty Food Shop
_http://www.specialtyfoodshop.ca/specialtyfoodshop/_
(http://www.specialtyfoodshop.ca/specialtyfoodshop/)  has lots of gluten free products. A lot of
grocery stores stock  g-f items as well. Il Fornellos offers g-f options as
well.

Enjoy!

Jaclyn

My aunt  lives in Toronto, so when I saw this recently, I sent it to her.
Not sure  it's convenient to where you'll be, but:

"Chelsea, a reader in Toronto,  wrote: "The Starving Artist cafe/waffle bar
in Toronto (near  Bloor/Lansdowne) has really awesome gluten-free (and
vegan)
waffles. You can  substitute the GF waffles in any of their waffle
meals/desserts." That's  another place on my list of places to try.
([address] 584 Lansdowne Avenue;  [tel] 647-342-5058; [web]
www.starvingartistbar.com)
My friend Henny  Groenendijk, also based in Toronto, told me about a new
gluten-free bakery  in Oakville, Ontario. It's called Voila Gluten Free
Bakeree ([address] 22  Lakeshore West, Unit 6; [tel] 289-837-0110; [web]
www.voilaglutenfreebakeree.com)."
from: _http://www.glutenfreeguidebook.com/_
(http://www.glutenfreeguidebook.com/)
Hi  Lois,
The Riz is a Pan Asian restaurant with a gluten-free menu -  YUMMY!
You'll find the link below... ~ Judith :o)
_http://www.rizrestaurantandcatering.com/_
(http://www.rizrestaurantandcatering.com/)
Hi  Lois,

Try these links:

http://www.theceliacscene.com/

http://www.celiac.ca/Events/etoronto.html

Check out The Celiac Scene - Restaurants, choose Ontario and then  Toronto:
http://theceliacscene.com/roadscene.php#