From:
Geri Hooks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Geri Hooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 09:26:43 -0500

I am traveling abroad this July with my 8 year old celiac son.  We will
spend time in Greece in the cities/towns of Athens, Nauplion, Cape Sounion,
Epidaurus, Mycenae, Phira (Santorini), Rhodes, Lindos, Dia Island,
Heraklion, Crete, Knossos, Heraklion, Katakolon, Olympia, and Skafidia.
Although we will be on a boat and I plan to take as much food as possible, I
am very concerned about the planned visits to local taverns and such. Is
there anyone who has traveled to these places who can advise me about
specific restaurants and/or typical Greek foods that would be gluten free?

Then we travel to Messina and Taormina in Sicily and Sorennto, Anzio and
Rome in Italy.  Again, any help with restaurant information would be greatly
appreciated.

Also, I am have several language translations of the gluten free diet
restrictions, but have yet to find one in the Greek language.  Can anyone
either provide me with a translation or send me to a web site with one?

Thank you very much and I will happily summarize,

Geri Hooks