From:
Danielle Quillin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 06:04:15 EDT

Hi all,

This probably has no connection to CD but just in case I thought I'd ask in
case any of you have come across this.

My aunt (her son is biopsy diagnosed with CD, she has not been tested) has had
arthritis like symptoms and was told by her doctor it was arthritis.  She has
suddenly been called in for more tests after one test showed some problem with
fluid in her bones.  I know there is documentation of arthritis like symptoms
due to gluten intolerance, so I am wondering if there could be any a
connection here.

She is told there is some connection with the throat/chest problems she has
had for years -- always had a bad cough.  She has recently lost a lot of
weight.  I understand that she is being given a lot of antibiotics and will
have lots more tests.

Another reason I wondered about a connection is that I also have problems with
my throat, although they seem to have disappeared since I have been on a GF
diet.  I have been GF for 3 years -- I am told by my doctor that I have an
allergy not an intolerance -- folic levels are normal and an anti gliadin test
is in a normal range.

Any insight on what is going on here will be appreciated

Danielle