From:
Mike Hayes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 23:27:06 -0500

To Those Interested,

I have a comment about Natren products which have been mentioned in a few
recent posts. They sell probiotics, digestive enzymes, etc.  Quite expensive
but supposedly worthwhile. I visited their website a few months ago because
one of their products, "Healthy Trinity," was highly recommended to me by
someone who was dealing with a non celiac related leaky gut problem. Listed
under ingredients that compose the capsule itself was "gluten free wheat
starch." I have since been told to be suspicious of this ingredient and not
to purchase the product.  I noticed when revisiting the Natren site today
that it had been redesigned.  No longer are capsule components listed for
any of their products.  In addition, many of their products are advertised
as "dairy free" but none as "gluten free."  I sent Natren an e-mail noting
my interest in their products, my concerns, and requested that they provide
unequivocal information regarding the gluten free status of their product
line.  I will post their response verbatim.  In the meantime, I intend to
wait before making a purchase, and unless someone out there has contrary
information, I recommend others do the same.

Mike H