From:
"Ronald Hoggan, Queen Elizabeth High School" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 1995 21:35:39 -0700

I have celiac. My brother has lymphoma. My mother has very severe arthritis
(she has had one hip replacement operation, and is quite disabled). She has
also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. She is also very heavy (overweight).
Because of the reading I have been doing, I suggested she try a g-f diet.
For the last 6 months she has stopped eating compulsively, is far more
alert, is more consistently good-natured, and is experiencing improvements in
all symptoms except the pain from the arthritis. Since it took almost a
year for my arthritic pain to subside, I am still hopeful that she will
experience improvements there too.

She attributes some of the improvement to some patent medicine she has,
but I am unsure of that.

Some years ago, she had a tumor removed from one lung. It was determined to
be benign.

I think there are all kinds of connections between cd and a bunch of other
illnesses.

I suggested the g-f diet because of my mother's arthritis. That is the only
ailment it hasn't helped. That ought to suggest the value of my medical
opinion. I now suspect that she has cd, but I don't think she is interested
in being tested. The point to this rambling monologue is that I do think there
is a connection between cd and fibromyalgia. Given my track record, I'm
not sure I would listen to me.