From:
Craig Buchman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Buchman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:00:09 -0500

Thanks to all who reponded to my query about restuarants in Pittsburgh Pa.  It will help greatly, so far we haven't had to rush back yet.  But are taking it day by day.

I just learned that the McGinnis Sisters restaurant in Monroeville (right off the turnpike--in fact you can see if from the turnpike) has a nice selection of gluten free products.   Some of the larger Giant Eagle grocery stores also have some gf foods (bread, waffles, etc).  If you are going to be in the Oakland/East Liberty area, there is a new Whole Foods store there with a nice selection of foods.  If you need directions from Monroeville, I'd be happy to provide them for you. Good luck.

-------

Hi:  Go to www.outback.com.  Outback Steakhouses.  They have a new updated
gluten free menu and a location map.  Perhaps there is one near where you
live.  I was originally from Johnstown and I know there is one in Altoona,
but don't know if there are any other ones close to you.  I have eaten at
Outback Steakhouses all over this country with no adverse effects.  I eat at
the local one once a week (my treat).  Print a copy of the menu, take it
with you, and --------ask for the manager-------.  Good luck.

-------

I am sending you a link to a healtfood store in Pittsburgh area.  You can call and ask them what restaurants are good also.

  Herbalicious. Everything Nutritious
-------

Restaurants:

Outback in Monroeville on Mosside Blvd.
PF Changs at the Waterfront
Denny's has a GF menu on-line, on Rt 22 Monroeville
Wendy's Edgewood Town Center, S. Braddock Ave, Edgewood, near Regent Square
Boston Chicken, RT.  22, Monroeville and Forbes Ave. Sq. Hill
Baskin Robbins Miracle Mile Shopping Center Rt. 22 also Forbes Ave Sq. Hill

Health Food Stores:

East End Food Co-op, I have compiled an excellent guide of their GF products
by aisle in the store. They are on Meade Street at "the FActory" on the
corner of Penn and S. Braddock Aves. 412-242-3598

Whole Foods, Center Ave, East Liberty

Giant Eagle is the largest Grocery chain here. You can find Amy''s frozen
entrees, Gf frozen breads and other snack items in the Natures BAsket
section of the store. Their Dietz and Watson's line of deli meats (not the
olive loaf though) are GF. Monroeville Blvd.

Mc Ginnus Sisters on Mosside Blvd has Gillians frozen Cinnamin rolls, mini
pizza shells, breads. Their deli has Plainfeild turkey that is GF. They are
a gourmet store with dried fruit, nuts, fresh produce.
-------

I was so happy with this place that I made a web page for them.  The
web page is located at:

http://www.autistics.cc/LiangHunanChinese.htm

Enjoy!!
--------

Try www.goodhealthpublishing.com for a guide with 50 national/regional
restaurants and their lists of gluten/wheat free menu items.

Thanks, I know we will have several places to eat when we go.

Tina Buchman
Indiana