From:
Lisa Roessler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa Roessler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2014 10:27:40 -0700

Question about having Celiac panel run. . . .I have a 14 yr. old daughter who was diagnosed at 2 yrs old.  At that time, the pediatric gastroenterologist said that the celiac panel needed to be sent to Prometheus labs because other labs were not as good for this type of test.  Is this still the case?  I also have a 10 yr old son who does have the genetic markers for Celiac but is still asymptomatic.  The gastroenterologist suggested we keep an eye on him and have him tested every few years.  I haven't had him tested since 2010, but I'm wondering if I can just have our regular pediatrician order the test for him and have it run at ACL labs.  Are most labs proficient at this nowadays?

Thanks in advance!
Lisa