From:
David Goodman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 10:07:42 -0500

I just got off the phone with Peter Holcomb at Arrowhead Mills. They
really seem quite concerned over the corn puff issue and want to address
the issue. He stated they have contacted the sub contractor to
investigate the problem. I know many people claim to have problems with
arrowhead products, I have been lucky and not had any gluten problems
from thier products untill I ate the corn puffs about a month ago.
Unfortunately accidents are going to happen. I do not believe a boycott
or legal action against arrowhead would accomlish the goal we seek. If
anything I believe it would have to opposite effect, there would be less
GF products available.

The real battle here has to be with our government and the FDA. if the
celiac originaztions in the US can get their act together and lobby as
one voice to congress we might get somewhere. How about staging a
protest march on the Capital with press coverage etc..

I am a business agent with a labor union of theatrical and film
designers and solidarity goes a long way in the world towards solving
problems. When my union joins forces with other unions in the
entertainment world to address a problem we usually make out better than
trying to deal with the issue ourself. I really belive the  same
approach is needed here for the celiacs in the USA.

David in Miami