From:
Set Digest <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:32:07 -0600

THANKS A ZILLION!

I got  27 responses so far :

But her husband did have a bad rash when he was a child and it turned out

he had celiac disease for a long time before being diagnosed
*******
The DH is my first symptom. I have had
skin problems since I was 16 (am 46 now). Went to dermotologist as a teen
and they treated me for eczema. When I cheat or accidentally ingest
gluten I
get a minor breakout on either the knees,elbows, buttocks or face. The
breakouts are unlike pimples in that they are usually clear when broken
unless there is an extreme breakout then they are full of puss. There are
some pictures on the St.John's site.
*****
I have never met two DH people with the same rash style.....   Even with
an accidental gluten ingestion, I am rash free
for the first time in 18 years!  Yeah! I get to have a life now!!!
*****
I started out with DH and after a year now have found that i also have
celiac.  My symptoms were a lot of inflamation on my elbows first.  I
have always had skin problems and thought for several months that is
what I had in a different form--blisters that itched--until they popped
or i popped them. some would dry up and then others would appear.
Finally I went to my dr.  and eventually to a dermatologist who did  a
biopsy(of one of the blisters) and diagnosed me with DH. I have been on
dapson since then
*****
if he's not CD, consider the possibility of eczema, psoriasis, or even
just
a regular allergy.  My daughter has all 3 of those, and sometimes the
outbreaks look as you describe
*****

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.