From:
Susan R. Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 21:30:29 -0500

Hello Everyone,

I didn't know where else to go for help, so I thought I'd try here
first. Since many are so wise and could give me some good advise.

I recently started a new job (December of 2001) which I thoroughly love!
 I work for a doctor who knows all about Celiac disease and that I have
it. That's not the problem.

Once or twice a month he takes out his employees (a total of 4,
including myself) for lunch (his treat) and HIS favorite restaurant is
Damon's. I can't seem to find anything there to eat and I don't want to
offend him. I've tried a couple of things there and I always seem to end
up feeling lousy later on that day or the next day. Does ANYBODY have
any suggestions on how I can get out of going to these lunches without
insulting him. I did ask if they ever go to any other restaurants but HE
usually picks that one. Every once in awhile they do go to someplace
different but they end up at Damon's.

We went there today for lunch and I would have been happy with just some
plain ol' applesauce but they don't even have that on the menu. I'm
"salad out" and I don't trust the salad dressings. I'm not much of a
baked potato person

I did question the manager about the BBQ sauce and it said "modified
food starch" and they couldn't locate the source so I zilched that one
real quick. I had a plain hamburger there once and once was enough. I
tried a plain broiled chicken breast and same reaction. Plain and
simple, it's not worth going, and then feeling sick later on...

Any suggestions???? PLEASE!! I'm open to anything.

Thanks...

Sue Oliver