From:
Ellen Switkes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 18:29:46 -0400

The San Francisco Bay Area celiac support group meets in Oakland,
Saturday, April 10,1999, at 10:30 M to 12:30 PM
Location: conference rms. 2A-2b at the Kaiser Permanente California
headquarters at 1950 Franklin ST., Oakland.  Parking is in the lot across the
street for $1, and the BART station is around the corner on Broadway.

Joan Wade of Sylvan Border Farm will be the speaker and will discuss  the
following topics:

1.  Gluten-free products list.
2.  Gluten-free menu ideas--Many of the calls I receive are requests for menu
     ideas.  Maybe we can develop some suggestions from our group to help the
     beginners.
3.  Gluten-free substitutes that work.
4.  Baking tips.
5.  Sylvan Border Farm products will be available for sale.

Joan will bring desserts and bread for sandwiches (including dairy-free
bread).If others attending can bring sandwich fillings such as lunchmeats,
peanut butter, tuna salad etc., there should be enough to eat.  Beverages will
also be needed.

Everyone is welcome.

Ellen Switkes