From:
Kathy J Feldmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 15:45:05 EDT

 Hi, it is me again and I do not agree with what I received back- Karen
in Missouri wrote me this:

This is a good argument for NOT seeking a diagnosis!

Karen in Missouri

Karen is talking about my letter on insurance.------
As for not seeking a diagnosis- I was tickled pink when they finally
diagnosed my son.  At the time he was diagnosed he was 15 months old and
had been through hell. Everything started when he was just a year and for
the next 3 months of his life he had  become a very sick little boy. He
had no body muscle or fat, he couldn't walk and he never smiled. He would
only sit there. His eyes were sunken and they at one point were full of
life and so was he. Now he only sat, and watched, and cried in pain. I
will never forget how he looked or how he was. My son looked like an
Ethiopian, his was malnourished and had the tiny little arms and legs and
bloated stomach. He was no longer the happy, plump little boy that he
was. And within those three months, he was put through hell, all because
the doctors in my area never heard of celiac and decided to do test after
test on him. After they finally sent me to the University of Iowa, he was
diagnosed, I got him on the diet as soon as I could and I will never
forget the first time he laughed, I was so happy - I cried. It was
something I hadn't heard in a long time. He learned to walk and became
full of life again. There are a lot of other things worse than celiac and
him being diagnosed was some of the best news I heard. After diagnosing
him- he got to live again without pain.      Kathy  in Iowa