From:
Jack and Laurie Tepe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 07:13:29 -0600

Dear List -

I am the person that suggested Hormel Cure 81 Ham as a gluten free
alternative to Maizy the other day.  Quite glad to see that the matter has
been cleared up.

I am so careful as to what I eat and when I saw the subsequent post stating
that Cure 81 was listed (erroneously) as containing gluten, I was very
upset.  Happy to hear that it doesn't contain gluten afterall (I was trying
to figure out why I hadn't reacted to it, etc.).  I don't eat ham that much
- its pretty clear that nitrates aren't healthy.  However it is the brand I
suggest to my relatives for holiday functions that I attend.

I've been considering getting off this list.  Lately it seems rather
devisive and annoying.  How can the National Groups unite when 2,700
listmembers can't behave?  Instead, I'll go on a vacation no mail in a few
days and hope that when I return that civility has been restored.

In the meanwhile - thanks to the listmembers for their help over the past 9
month and I wish every one a safe, happy, fun and GLUTEN FREE holiday
season. - Laurie in SW Colorado