From:
Diane Hosek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Hosek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:26:56 -0500

I recently asked if anyone had a good bread recipe using quinoa flour.  I didn't receive any recipes, (although one response indicated that Bette Hagman may be developing one).  However, I did receive this interesting flour mix:

"I don't have a bread recipe for you, but I have worked up a very tasty gf
flour blend with quinoa--4 parts quinoa, 2 parts each millet, amaranth,
corn meal, and buckwheat, 1 part flax seed (all ground, of course). This
gets a satisfyingly "whole grain" flavor. It works very well substituted
one-for-one for wheat flour in pancakes & muffins, so I think it will
work well in breads, too.---from Joe Ellison, Chicago, IL
[log in to unmask] "Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com