From:
Manny Strumpf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 13:36:46 EDT

  As a result of the numerous postings re: Proctor & Gamble, I called their
customer service 800 number this morning for confirmation.  The person to
whom I spoke denied that they will withhold info on a specific product,
especially if it involves someone's health or dietary restrictions.  She
did say, however, that there is no blanket number for all products but
that in order to get information one needs to call the  800 on the product
label. P & G may also withhold info of a proprietary nature for non-food
products such as soaps where they must guard their formula.  When I asked
about a change in policy regarding speaking to consumers, the woman  at P&G
claimed no new policy directive had crossed her desk.

Manny in Connecticut