From:
"Helen A. Berger" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 11 May 2003 18:35:35 EDT

In Today's Boston Globe Metro Section there is an article describing the
legistative iniative being sponsered by Rep Creem in the Massachusetts
legislature. For those of you who live in Massachusetts or who visit the
state this is an important legistative iniaitive that will effect all of our
lives. Senate Bill no 513, which would require restaurants to train their
wait staff on how to effectively answer the questions of customers with food
allergies and to  have information available on all the ingredients in each
of their dishes. Among the ingredients that may be in dishes that restaurants
would be required to know about is wheat. I have written to my state rep and
hope that others of you who live in the Bay State will do the same. You can
find your reps e-mail address at <A HREF="WWW.state.ma.us/legis/citytown.htm">WWW.state.ma.us/legis/citytown.htm</A>

I would also suggest that you write to Creem. For those of you who visit or
might consider vacationing in Mass if this Bill passes it would be helpful if
you contacted Rep. Creem. The more letters they receive the more likely we
will be to get this legistlation passed.

For those of you who would prefer to call the number is (617) 722-2130. Thes
is an open hearing at 10 a.m. in Room 2A at the STate house in Boston if
anyone wishes to testify. I unfortunately can't go. I have my first follow-up
visit with my GI doc after my diagnosis.

Helen
Boston