From:
Lynelle Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 21:26:26 EST

Thanks to all who were so promt in sending this information
Lynelle Thomas
Bend, Oregon

We have a very active support group in Nashville. We meet 4-6  times a year
with speakers, baking and cooking demos, gluten free product  samples, and a
Thanksgiving Potluck dinner and Christmas cookie exchange. On top  of that, we
just held a GF spaghetti dinner fundraiser at Wild Oats two weeks  ago, and
last summer we had a GF pancake breakfast fundraiser.

Our next  meeting is Saturday, March 24th at Centennial Medical Center and we
will be  watching A DVD Video Program called "Understanding Celiac Disease
and Gluten  Intolerance." We will be having a Kids GF Easter Egg Hunt on
Saturday, March  31st at 1:30 at the Village at Vanderbilt. And on Saturday, May
19th, we are  holding our first annual Celiac Walk called "Boot Scootin' Against
Gluten,  Middle Tennessee Walk for Celiac."

Our new website just went live earlier  this week at
_www.nashvilleceliacs.org_ (http://www.nashvilleceliacs.org/)  The second  phase and more info will
hopefully be up in the next month.

We provide a  quarterly newsletter to paid members called GrainWise. I'm
attaching an Acrobat  PDF of the last issue. I am currently working on the Spring
issue which will be  final on Monday.

We have a new membership orientation team who meet with  newly diagnosed
Celiacs at Wild Oats or a grocery store of their choice to go  over gluten free
food options.

If you aren't in the Middle TN area, then  I can put you in touch with
contacts from support groups in Jackson, Memphis,  Knoxville and Chattanooga.

Please let me know how I can be of  help.
Janet Lowery
Co-chair
Nashville - Middle Tennessee Celiac Support  GroupTennessee

Jackson - Support Group
Contact:  Jacquie Maxwell
Gluten Free Crusaders (GIG)
10 Rachel Dr. #4
Jackson,  TN 38305
Tel: (731) 402-0139
Knoxville - support group
Contact:  Theresa Cornelius, MS, RD, LDN
7424 Oaken Dr.
Knoxville, Tn  38938-4321
Tel: (865) 922-8780
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask])
Memphis - Support Group
Contact 1:  Lisa Trenthem
Memphis Area Celiac Support Group
1753 Carruthers  Pl.
Memphis, TN 38112
Tel. (901) 276-7751
E-mail: [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])
Contact 2: Sally  Damron
E-mail: [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])

Nashville - Support Group
Nashville  Celiac Support Group (CSA)
Contact 1: Christine Fry RD
E-mail: [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])
Tel: (615)  837-0875
Contact 2: Janet Lowery, Newsletter
E-mail: [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])
Tel: (615)  758-7967
Contact 3: Maureen Norris-Treasurer
E-mail: [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])
Tel:  615-591-9616

This is the result of a search for the  word "Tennessee"  on the list.   The
Nashville group meeting is once a  quarter.    Dwight    GF in TN

Item # Date Time Recs  Subject  _065184_
([log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R558&I=-3" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R558&I=-3)  06/08/29 13:42 27
Memphis, Germantown, Tennessee  _057025_
([log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R1437&I=-3" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R1437&I=-3)  05/02/10 00:51 19  Celiac
Friendly Nashville Tennessee  _051456_
([log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R2708&I=-3" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R2708&I=-3)  04/03/01 20:26 34  AD:
Cornmeal in Tennessee  _046989_
([log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R1487&I=-3" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R1487&I=-3)  03/06/23 15:53 48  Miss
Tennessee--summary  _044099_
([log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R4173&I=-3" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R4173&I=-3)  03/01/20 08:27 21  Summary - Support
groups in Johnson City or  Elizbethton, Tennessee  _042889_
([log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R2088&I=-3" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R2088&I=-3)
02/11/17 18:59 19  Jackson Tennessee Restaurants  _041322_
([log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R5538&I=-3" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R5538&I=-3)  02/08/20
20:41 27  Jackson (Tennessee) Area Celiac Support Group  _040866_
([log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R594&I=-3" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R594&I=-3)
02/07/29 15:54 17  Knoxville Tennessee Celiac Support Group  Meeting  _030095_
([log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&
P=R537&I=-3)  00/10/19 17:01 16  question about restaurants in Chattanooga,
Tennessee  _025280_
([log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R1996&I=-3" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R1996&I=-3)  99/12/04 20:10 12  support group in West
Tennessee  _024602_
([log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R1184&I=-3" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R1184&I=-3)  99/10/30 22:14 17  ? Establishing Support
Group in Southern Middle  Tennessee  _017676_
([log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R1735&I=-3" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]&L=CELIAC&P=R1735&I=-3)  98/08/19 17:18 29
Jack Daniel's Tennessee  Whiskey

http://www.aol.com.