From:
Nancy Sack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 20:01:49 -0500

This is a summary of the post I sent asking about  a lack of hunger
sensation or conversely not knowing whether what I feel is hunger or pain.

1 person suggested that there was not enough acid in the stomach and
recommended a particular supplement

a number of people suggested that I hang in there because it just may take a
while longer being GF before a sense of hunger returns

1 person suggested a "bitter" botanical remedy to help "restart" your GI
system

1 person suggested that I consult with a dietitian

1 person indicated that their appetite never returned even on a GF diet.

A number of people suggested that my appetite would improve if I cut out
sugars and reduce carbohydrates

I’ve decided to first try the sugar theory as I have long suspected that I
have a problem with sugar and more recently I have felt that I was also
having a systemic problem with yeast.

Thank you to all who responded.  It is so nice that this list exists.

Nancy