Date:
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 10:47:36 -0400

Had a great GF dining experience in Marlborough, Mass. and learned
hopeful information about Watertown. The Escargot restaurant in
Marlborough - 231 Main St - is owned by Uthai Jamsri, who also owns the
Tantawan restaurant in Watertown - 356 Arsenal St. I gave him the
Triumph dining card for thai restaurants, and he immediately called his
Tantawan restaurant to ask what to do for us. His wife is the cook at
Tantawan and they have a large clientele of people with celiac disease
who come there from as far away as Worcester (over an hour away). Uthai
Jamsri and his kitchen prepared an extremely nice meal for us - the choo
chee sauce was particularly fine. The restaurant has a deep-fried aroma,
but don't let that put you off - the food is excellent, and they take
good care of their customers. He said we should also try his Tantawan
restaurant and ask for the "Nancy menu" (they call it this because they
developed it in response to a request from a customer with celiac
disease who is named Nancy.) We will be going to Tantawan soon, but in
the meantime it is definitely worth a stop in to Escargot in Marlborough.

Also, there is a listing of Thai restaurants at the Thai association of
Boston webpage. Go to the website:
http://www.taob.org/
Click on the bottom link written in Thai on the left hand side of the page.
*????????? <http://www.taob.org/docs/links/Rest.htm> but I don't know if
that will go through).

Alice

*