Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 10:46:11 EST

I have been asked to post this to the list by the President of the Tri-County
Celiac Support Group of Michigan.  The group has attempted to work with
Sami's to inform them about the high levels of contamination in some of their
products.

The following is a direct quote from the President of TCCSG & the testing
report that they received:

"We sent 2 samples of Sami's products - the millet & flax hamburger bun and
the plain millet bread to University of Nebraska, Lincoln to be tested for
gluten.  Here is what they sd.  The gluten testing of the bun and bread
samples that we received on Tues, Feb 13th, 2007 has been completed.  The
results are listed below
  Sample   Millet & flax hamb bun     >5000 ppm
              Plain millet bread             >5000 ppm
The lower limit of detection for the R-Biophar Ridascreen Fast Gliadin is 10
parts per million (ppm) gluten. Amounts below this level cannot be reliably
detected in this assay. One ppm is equal to one milligram of gluten per
kilogram of sample product.

There is another whole paragraph, which says the levels are prob even
higher."

I consider this information that all celiacs should be aware of and they
should make it known to other celiacs and to support groups.

Carolyn Sullivan